WHY INDIAN STUDENTS FARING POOR in UNIVERSITY?
Indian Msian Students in University are GROWING in Attitude ? STUPIDER by Education or LAZIER by nature? What’s up?
“According to Deputy Minister of Higher Education Datuk Dr Hou Kok Chung, 13,192 students have benefited from the exemption between 2003 and September 30 of 2014, amounting to RM375 million in total.
“From those, 72.8 per cent of the students exempted are Chinese, followed by the Malays at 22.2 per cent, Indian at 3.2 per cent ( 422 or 42 students per year: ), and the rest are the other races,” Hou in Parliament. Indian Msian student got 12 Million exempted for their 1st class degree performance ” only 1% of our IPTA or IPTS that took advantage of PTPTN performance base waiver ( 2003 – 2012).
How do we explain this trend in the pass 10 years? PTPTN is the biggest source of educational support for Indian Malaysian without any doubts. PTPTN supports almost 80% of our higher education needs . Yes, Indian Malaysian fare poorly in many areas in IPTA or IPTS
1) We have to lowest CGPA average : Lower then the Malay Students ( Please don’t bring the affirmative or discrimination here ): We graduate with median CGPA of only 2.35 – 2.5 ( I must stress below 2.0 is considered probation). It is worst in Private Colleges/University for Indian Students. It is a reverse trend for Malay students and Chinese students do well overall in both category.
Indian Malaysian students pursuing their higher education almost 85%(by Value) from private Institution : Professional fields like Medical – Engineering – Accountancy – Culinary : 95%( by Number) The funding comes from non-governmental sources : Biggest is Private – Loans – Mortgages – Foundations.
Statistics are very hard to come by, anyway just to get some sort of ball park figures about Indian students in Malaysia : About 40K IPTA & IPTS Indian students in Malaysia. Some questions are already been posted to YBs to escalate during the coming parliament seating.
Government is ONLY educating less then 10% of Indian Msian in higher education centers. 90% of them coming out of private locally or overseas.Why?
Let me undo the claims and blames on our STUDENTS in LOCAL Universities 1st : URGENT Reversal is NEEDED:- Before we are labelled as STUPID also apart being GANSGSTERS.
1) Alcohol & Parties – Entertainment ( Movie & dancing – Social media ) – Plays biggest role in poor performance of students ; We know brain expands right up to 25 years old. High alcohol consumptions effect the brain cell and kill the capacity to memorize and creativity in thinking. Dangerous level of Alkohol consumption : almost 85% of Male Students in University and 35% of Indian female shamefully consume alcohol as part for their gathering activities and 40% of them considered to be heavy drinkers: 10 -15% do drink before classes: we ignore the financial impact on the students and their families – Liquor of their choice are frequently cheap & adulterated liquor: ” Koraije Vilai – Neranje Suru” : I also ignored the health impact to liver – brain – kidney and general health. I am only looking into the educational impact. Whiich is only 1/3 of the issue.
2) Gangsterism – Drugs – Weed/Marijuana – Other Cosmetic “high risers” : Happy Pills, Mushrooms, Ice and etc : 20% of Indian Malaysian Male in University and that is exclusively in private university do drugs in some frequency and that increases during then exams seasons “some STUPID” assumption that it helps memorizing and keep a person wide awake.Indians with drug habit prevalent in universities around Subang Jaya, Kelana Jaya, Sunway, Shah Alam and etc. Random-Mandatory Drug Test by Ministry or University will be a good idea.
3) Students are under motivated and have no competitive environment or initiative to excell. ‘Cukup makan” clear my papers and graduate..”Cukuplahhhhhhhhh Attitude’
4) Sex – Relationship fiasco – Love Drama : Indian Students especially female : I know many of the students would have started making noise now… But Bros/Sis : Hang on….I don’t say it if it is not a problem. We know some students from some universities involve in prostitution : None can deny this!.I know all of you knows : Some counts we can probably put number to the activities in university in Jln university, and Shah Alam : They charge anywhere from RM300 – 500 per nite. There are many “bapak ayam ” too. What a shameful info that i have to share here. It hurts me more. But We have to say it, so we can acknowledge it and change it.
5) Built it DISCRIMINATION & MARGINALIZATION – Inferior Complex and Second Class Breed thoughts within our stunned : Fail before try.
Why we are not making it to Public University ?
1) About only 3000 Indians out of 40K over that sit for SPM will eventually proceed to Pre-University ( Form Six) : Even-though more then about 18K plus is offered form six annually.
Some FAKE PERCEPTION – Form Six is Waste of Time or It is DIFFICULT. Form 6 is only 18 Months Programs – in now with semesters system would have saved your Foundation Fee of RM10K to RM20K and would have open all the public university ( 28 Public Universities ) : PARENTS: STPM should be first choice unless then wanted to go for very highly sorted courses.
STPM is not more difficult then your Degree program itself; STPM is not a Waste of TIME as many claims : The real reason is the students are impatiently wanted to get into university lifestyle and liberate themselves from parents on parents expense to university environment regardless of the courses.
Another reason why Public Uni do not have enough Indian Msian : many of the highly in demand courses like Medical, Pharmacy, Engineering and etc – Indians seek their private findings to go private or overseas.
A HOPE or a VISION : If About 10K Graduating annual about 2K Graduating from degree programs can push themselves for fist class we can : save so much of money : 2000 1st – 80 Million annually :-
Those from Diploma Programs can escalate themselves to degree programs and earn first class. U have to pay only Diploma back.
DIPLOMA got No Market or Industry VALUE – Despite what is said and done.
Indian Malaysian Students must realize – We are what we are because of our MIND and Action : Nothing will change if we DON’T CHANGE. If you don’t change you are as good as the TRASH of the SOCIETY and LIABILITY for the GOOD PEOPLE. Please don’t be burden to society.
Worrying TREND more and more opting for Diploma instead of DEGREE : easy way out? Next Write up….
Think About It – Act Accordingly Brothers & Sisters. If you need a clarification : Hold a function give me an hour to dissect this issue in numbers and evidence:
One of the BEST msg I have come across:Worth reading-
A group of friends visited their old university professor.
Conversation soon turned to complaints about
‘STRESS’ & ‘TENSION’ in Life.
Professor offered them Coffee & returned from kitchen with Coffee in different kinds of cups !!!
(Glass Cups, Crystal Cups, Shining Ones, Some Plain Looking, Some Ordinary & Some Expensive Ones……)
When all of them had a Cup in Hand,
the professor said:-
“If you noticed-
all the Nice Looking & Expensive Cups are taken up,
leaving behind the ordinary ones !!
Everyone of you wanted the Best CUPS,
that is the source of your STRESS & TENSION !!
What you really wanted was
“Coffee”, not the “Cup” !
But you still went for the Best Cup.
If Life is Coffee ;
Then Jobs, Money, Status & Love etc. are the Cups !!!
They are just TOOLS to hold and contain Life.
Please Don’t Let the CUPS Drive you !!
Enjoy the COFFEE ……!!!
One afternoon, while working in the field, the horse dropped dead.
Everyone in the village said, “Oh, what a horrible thing to happen.” The farmer said simply, “Is that so.”
He was so at peace and so calm, that everyone in the village got together and, admiring his attitude, gave him a new horse as a gift.
Everyone’s reaction now was, “What a lucky man.” And the farmer said, “Is that so.”
A couple days later, the new horse jumped a fence and ran away. Everyone in the village shook their heads and said, “What a poor fellow!” The farmer smiled and said, “Is that so.”
Eventually, the horse found his way home, and everyone again said, “What a fortunate man.”
The farmer said, “Is that so.”
Later in the year, the farmer’s young boy went out riding on the horse and fell and broke his leg.
Everyone in the village said, “What a shame for the poor boy.” The farmer said, “Is that so.”
Two days later, the army came into the village to draft new recruits. When they saw that the farmer’s son had a broken leg, they decided not to recruit him.
Everyone said, “What a fortunate young man.” The farmer smiled again – and said “Is that so.”
Convert Books Into ‘E-Book’
Today’s youth is moving slowly towards WhatsApp application from Facebook. Each and every youth now having a palm size computer which is commonly called as smart phones. The smartphones are outdoing previous generations’ computers. Those who used desktops and laptops are keen to smart phones now. However, no one can deny that, the time of youths spending time on the internet is growing regardless of the gadgets they use.
Gone the days where the internet users used it to gather information. Many using internet to share information. There is a lot of information available in multiple languages including Tamil. The category of information is vary from entertainment, general knowledge, new information and others. While many share the information via FaceBook and WhatsApp, day after day, spending some time to publish a new article in Wikipedia will help to increase the number of Tamil articles in Wikipedia. At the moment there are 64,749 Tamil articles in Wikipedia. In English the number surpasses 4 million, Chinese language over 500,000 and Malay language has more than 200,000 articles.
While Tamil has been recognised as one of the ancient languages, the number of articles in Tamil is in sad stage compared to the languages listed above. Those who spends time writing and writing and writing in social media, can try to spend a few minutes a day in Wikipedia, By doing this, the number of Tamil articles will increase in Wikipedia. We hope that, the keyboard warriors can contribute to the development of Tamil language in Internet.
The story :
Big boo-boo as electrical appliances given to homeless
Luis Khoo · Top CommenterFirst, the ministry need to gv away electrical appliances such coffee machine so that they can bill the ministry rm500 each ( real purchase price rm125). Second, knowing that the homeless dnt need it, there will be a special counter buying back those coffee machine at rm30 each. Third, the same coffee machine then will be kept in ministry warehouse for other function giveaway gift and again invoice the ministry rm500 each and it goes on and on and on…………!
Richard Li · Top Commenter · INTI College Subang Jayado you rakyat and ngo know why coffee maker was given as gift? this is corruption at its best. check the purchase price of the coffee maker. disclose the price and counter check with any electrical stores and you will arrive with the solution. the staffs of ft ministry and the supplier are acting in cahoots to milk the government. this tengku adnan is bump head. this is the standard of the umno/bn government.
Jimmy Lim · Top Commenter · Tsun jinI remember my Kertas Am teacher told me back in mid 80s, that kampung folks were given refrigerators when there was no electricity supply to kampung. So the kampung folks keeps clothes in the refrigerators and use them as cabinets.