WHY INDIAN STUDENTS FARING POOR in UNIVERSITY?
Indian Msian Students in University are GROWING in Attitude ? STUPIDER by Education or LAZIER by nature? What’s up?
“According to Deputy Minister of Higher Education Datuk Dr Hou Kok Chung, 13,192 students have benefited from the exemption between 2003 and September 30 of 2014, amounting to RM375 million in total.
“From those, 72.8 per cent of the students exempted are Chinese, followed by the Malays at 22.2 per cent, Indian at 3.2 per cent ( 422 or 42 students per year: ), and the rest are the other races,” Hou in Parliament. Indian Msian student got 12 Million exempted for their 1st class degree performance ” only 1% of our IPTA or IPTS that took advantage of PTPTN performance base waiver ( 2003 – 2012).
How do we explain this trend in the pass 10 years? PTPTN is the biggest source of educational support for Indian Malaysian without any doubts. PTPTN supports almost 80% of our higher education needs . Yes, Indian Malaysian fare poorly in many areas in IPTA or IPTS
1) We have to lowest CGPA average : Lower then the Malay Students ( Please don’t bring the affirmative or discrimination here ): We graduate with median CGPA of only 2.35 – 2.5 ( I must stress below 2.0 is considered probation). It is worst in Private Colleges/University for Indian Students. It is a reverse trend for Malay students and Chinese students do well overall in both category.
Indian Malaysian students pursuing their higher education almost 85%(by Value) from private Institution : Professional fields like Medical – Engineering – Accountancy – Culinary : 95%( by Number) The funding comes from non-governmental sources : Biggest is Private – Loans – Mortgages – Foundations.
Statistics are very hard to come by, anyway just to get some sort of ball park figures about Indian students in Malaysia : About 40K IPTA & IPTS Indian students in Malaysia. Some questions are already been posted to YBs to escalate during the coming parliament seating.
Government is ONLY educating less then 10% of Indian Msian in higher education centers. 90% of them coming out of private locally or overseas.Why?
Let me undo the claims and blames on our STUDENTS in LOCAL Universities 1st : URGENT Reversal is NEEDED:- Before we are labelled as STUPID also apart being GANSGSTERS.
1) Alcohol & Parties – Entertainment ( Movie & dancing – Social media ) – Plays biggest role in poor performance of students ; We know brain expands right up to 25 years old. High alcohol consumptions effect the brain cell and kill the capacity to memorize and creativity in thinking. Dangerous level of Alkohol consumption : almost 85% of Male Students in University and 35% of Indian female shamefully consume alcohol as part for their gathering activities and 40% of them considered to be heavy drinkers: 10 -15% do drink before classes: we ignore the financial impact on the students and their families – Liquor of their choice are frequently cheap & adulterated liquor: ” Koraije Vilai – Neranje Suru” : I also ignored the health impact to liver – brain – kidney and general health. I am only looking into the educational impact. Whiich is only 1/3 of the issue.
2) Gangsterism – Drugs – Weed/Marijuana – Other Cosmetic “high risers” : Happy Pills, Mushrooms, Ice and etc : 20% of Indian Malaysian Male in University and that is exclusively in private university do drugs in some frequency and that increases during then exams seasons “some STUPID” assumption that it helps memorizing and keep a person wide awake.Indians with drug habit prevalent in universities around Subang Jaya, Kelana Jaya, Sunway, Shah Alam and etc. Random-Mandatory Drug Test by Ministry or University will be a good idea.
3) Students are under motivated and have no competitive environment or initiative to excell. ‘Cukup makan” clear my papers and graduate..”Cukuplahhhhhhhhh Attitude’
4) Sex – Relationship fiasco – Love Drama : Indian Students especially female : I know many of the students would have started making noise now… But Bros/Sis : Hang on….I don’t say it if it is not a problem. We know some students from some universities involve in prostitution : None can deny this!.I know all of you knows : Some counts we can probably put number to the activities in university in Jln university, and Shah Alam : They charge anywhere from RM300 – 500 per nite. There are many “bapak ayam ” too. What a shameful info that i have to share here. It hurts me more. But We have to say it, so we can acknowledge it and change it.
5) Built it DISCRIMINATION & MARGINALIZATION – Inferior Complex and Second Class Breed thoughts within our stunned : Fail before try.
Why we are not making it to Public University ?
1) About only 3000 Indians out of 40K over that sit for SPM will eventually proceed to Pre-University ( Form Six) : Even-though more then about 18K plus is offered form six annually.
Some FAKE PERCEPTION – Form Six is Waste of Time or It is DIFFICULT. Form 6 is only 18 Months Programs – in now with semesters system would have saved your Foundation Fee of RM10K to RM20K and would have open all the public university ( 28 Public Universities ) : PARENTS: STPM should be first choice unless then wanted to go for very highly sorted courses.
STPM is not more difficult then your Degree program itself; STPM is not a Waste of TIME as many claims : The real reason is the students are impatiently wanted to get into university lifestyle and liberate themselves from parents on parents expense to university environment regardless of the courses.
Another reason why Public Uni do not have enough Indian Msian : many of the highly in demand courses like Medical, Pharmacy, Engineering and etc – Indians seek their private findings to go private or overseas.
A HOPE or a VISION : If About 10K Graduating annual about 2K Graduating from degree programs can push themselves for fist class we can : save so much of money : 2000 1st – 80 Million annually :-
Those from Diploma Programs can escalate themselves to degree programs and earn first class. U have to pay only Diploma back.
DIPLOMA got No Market or Industry VALUE – Despite what is said and done.
Indian Malaysian Students must realize – We are what we are because of our MIND and Action : Nothing will change if we DON’T CHANGE. If you don’t change you are as good as the TRASH of the SOCIETY and LIABILITY for the GOOD PEOPLE. Please don’t be burden to society.
Worrying TREND more and more opting for Diploma instead of DEGREE : easy way out? Next Write up….
Think About It – Act Accordingly Brothers & Sisters. If you need a clarification : Hold a function give me an hour to dissect this issue in numbers and evidence: